Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh Farmville... I freakin Hate you!


I think that I may be addicted to Farmville! Im so pissed... i hate that game!

Let me explain why this is a problem..

Two years ago I graduated college. That "grande accomplishment" lead me to a new state, Where I thought I would fall right into adulthood. Bring it world, I have a Degree I can handle whatever challenge you throw at me! Ha what a joke... no college meet more free time.. more time to smooze, drink some tequila, and shop... yes, I still think that I might be able to save to world, however with this new found freedom i just wanted to have as much fun as possible.
Now although this whirlwind of drunkin post-college hedonism was fun, it was not so much fulfilling. My responsibility included:

1. Paying rent...
2. Remember to keep everyone drinks full at the bar I worked at and
3. Look for fabulous jobs where I would be paid to travel and everyone would rave about how smart/witty/amazing I was....

I felt like my contribution to (wo)man kind may have been minimal. I started feeling somewhat maternal, that it was time for me to take care of something, have some kind responsibility. Since I tend to be commitment phobe, I decided a good start to might be to get a fish. I named him Paco.

Paco was pretty cute, he was a Beta so he had that multi-colored thing going for him. I feed him everyday, cleaned his bowl and stuff, Showed people that "No, I am not completely selfish. (?)" Everything was fine, Paco seemed happy, I as happy, my room mate she was happy, A little fake family away from home, and then it happened. His Eye popped out! Just popped out one day, and then he ate it! I had this living creator in my care and I some how managed to make his Eye fall out and drive him to cannibalism.... Thank god I didn't get a Dog. Paco jumped out his bowl about a month later. I like to think that it had something to do with the fact that he could not see where he was swimming, but i think that it might of been a case of Fish suicide.


I laid off on getting a pet for awhile. I figured the timing just wasn't right... I got a couple of cacti, unfortunately they died also, but I blame that on the weather.


And then Farmville came along. I do not play computer games, never have. I more of a social kindof person. However one Day at the work (I got a "real job" FYI... and by "real job" I mean I get health insurance even though it may have cost my soul) A customer called wanting to return her $2000 computer because she could not figure out how to play her beloved Farmville on her new machine. I explained that she would have a restocking fee of $150, but this lady did not care. She was on a mission to harvest her crops. I figured that I must check this game out. It most be amazing to have that dedicated of a fan.

I played, it was lame... I have crops, some animals, and little virtual neighbors that need their little farmvilles fertilized, and I cant stop playing and it infuriates me! I feel like I cant just let my little farmville wither away. Maybe it is in ode to Paco, and my shear determination to keep something alive other then myself, but as I scale the levels I cant help but smile and think I made a commitment and sticking to it, even if it is virtually retarded.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA. I started playing farmville in a quest to prove how stupid of a game it really was and now I'm sitting here with the little farmville song going in the background waiting for my strawberries to become "100% grown" so that I can buy some more little seeds. It angers me so much that I was sucked into it so easily. GRR I hate you farmville

    ReplyDelete