Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why travel Kicks the A



My mom went overseas and i couldn't happier for her! That is one thing I think us as American's neglect... International Travel. I will never forget the my backpacking adventure I took in college. I loved being apart of another culture, the food, the romance, the challenge... absolutely the best thing I have ever done. It molded me as a person and gave me the confidence that I could accomplish ANYTHING. I went by myself.. I didn't know any other languages, didn't have a plan, Just went with the flow. The people I meet on the trip lead me to my next destination. FREEDOM!

I am addicted to travel and would give it all up to do it again. I think the every fellow traveler would do the same, it is a lifestyle. My mom was so angry at me during my whole hiatus. She would cry on the phone, laid on that Jewish guilt harder then a Rabbi, begged,for me to come back, to stop being reckless to act like a "Responsible adult." Understandable, I mean I would call randomly to let her know that I was still alive and when she asked "What next" I would shrug, smile, and give some smart ass answer.

5 years later she decided it was her turn. She just got back from Israel. She announced to me that it was life changing. She danced around Israel like a child in a candy shop. She snagged samples of every rock, twig, olive, "relic"/trash to bring home, just to have that physical reminded of the trip she has waited a lifetime to take.

I couldn't be prouder!

For anyone planning a trip overseas I would love to help. Just let me know! I can recommend hostels, cities, and even how to get a job in a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment